Bioinformatics Expertise and services
- Extract relevant biological knowledge from large data sets that are nowadays routinely being produced by sequencing, gene expression profiling, metabolic- and proteomic profiling, and x-ray crystallography.
- Bring together the expertise that is available at Radboud University and Radboud University in the fields of bioinformatics, sequence analysis, ~omics analysis, computational biology, protein structure analysis and related fields and share this expertise with biomedical researchers.
- Teach basic bioinformatics skills to students in various fields of life-sciences and to organize seminars on technical aspects of bioinformatics research.
Areas of expertiseBioinformatics is a cross border discipline that brings together expertise from a variety of research fields:
- Comparative genomics
- Structural bioinformatics
- Sequence analysis
- Microbial Genomics
- Systems biology
- In silico drug design
ServicesThe Bionformatics technology center:
- Brings together experts in a series of disciplines like sequence analysis, comparative genomics, in-silico drug design, system biology, text mining, bacterial genomics, proteome analysis and protein structure analysis.
- Extracts relevant biological knowledge from large data sets that are nowadays routinely being produced by sequencing, gene expression profiling, metabolic- and proteomic profiling, and x-ray crystallography.
- Accommodates scientists who wish to apply bioinformatics tools on their own data sets with help and guidance from our staff with the required expertise.
Teaches basic bioinformatics skills to students in various fields of life-sciences and organizes seminars on technical aspects of bioinformatics research.
- Maintains online-based servers to give scientists in the Netherlands rapid access to commonly used bioinformatics and small-molecule databases and information systems.
- Takes a leading role in organizing bioinformatics activities on the campus such as seminars on technical aspects of research.
- Suggests new biological experiments where necessary, in the most time/costs efficient way
- Predict functional interactions between proteins as there exist e.g. In metabolic pathways, signalling pathways or protein complexes.
- Functional annotation and reconstructions of several bacterial genomes.
- Analysis of proteins and disease causing mutations in order to understand the molecular basis of diseases.
- Biomarker and drug target identification.
HOPE User-friendly web serviceHOPE analyzes the structural effects of a point mutation in a protein sequence. Input your protein sequence and the mutation and HOPE will collect and combine available information from a series of web services and databases and will produce a report, complete with results, figures and animations. go to HOPE
Centre for Molecular and Biomolecular Informatics
Radboud Institute for Molecular Life Sciences
Geert Grooteplein 28
6525 GA Nijmegen
Bringing together expertiseBioinformatics is a cross border discipline that brings together expertise from a variety of groups, technology centers and research fields.
Research groups and departments
- Human Genetics
- Laboratory Medicine
- Medical Microbiology
- Internal Medicine
- Health Evidence
- Data Stewardship
- Mass spectromotry