The Radboud Technology Center Genomics offers state-of-the-art expertise in the forefront of sequencing technology developments.read more
Areas of expertise
- DNA isolation
- DNA biobanking
- High throughput sequencing using targeted strategies (like PCR, hybridization or MIP-based target enrichment both for Sanger and next generation sequencing)
- Genome wide sequencing strategies using next generation sequencing (non-invasive prenatal testing, exome and genome).
News and Events
PacBio long-read sequencing in collaboration with the Senckenberg Research Institute and Natural History Museumread more
News and Events
PacBio long-read sequencing in collaboration with the Senckenberg Research Institute and Natural History Museum
Genome assembly is a valuable resource for future conservation of species that are threatened by extinction. NGS technologies have become globally established for the study of systematic-phylogenetic issues. We collaborate with the Senckenberg Research Institute and Natural History Museum and facilitate PacBio long-read sequencing.
If interested read these recent publications and/or contact us at email@example.com :
- Chueca et al. De novo Genome Assembly of the Raccoon Dog (Nyctereutes procyonoides). Front Genet. 2021 Apr 29;12:658256. PMID: 33995489.
- Blumer et al. Gene losses in the common vampire bat illuminate molecular adaptations to blood feeding. Sci Adv. 2022 Mar 25;8(12):eabm6494. PMID: 35333583.
- Merges et al. Virus diversity in metagenomes of a lichen symbiosis (Umbilicaria phaea): complete viral genomes, putative hosts and elevational distributions. Environ Microbiol. 2021 Nov;23(11):6637-6650. PMID: 34697892.
- Winter et al. A Chromosome-Scale Genome Assembly of the Okapi (Okapia johnstoni). J Hered. 2022 Oct 21;113(5):568-576. PMID: 35788365.
PacBio long read amplicon sequencing
In our recent study by Daan Viering et al, PacBio long read amplicon sequencing identified 46 previously undetected exonic and intronic variants in 95 pre-screened patients with suspected Gitelman syndrome. This paper highlights that intronic pathogenic variants explain an important part of the missing heritability in Gitelman syndrome, and shows the advantage of long read amplicon sequencing for the detection of these so far hidden variants.
Minister Ernst Kuipers brengt werkbezoek aan het Genomics Technology Center
Op woensdag 12 oktober heeft minister Ernst Kuipers van het Ministerie van Volksgezondheid, Welzijn en Sport een bezoek gebracht aan ons Technology Center.
Meer informatie over het werkbezoek.
Lunch and Learn seminar Twist Pacbio
Tuesday, 4th October 2022 | 12:30 - 14:00
Experience Center Radboudumc M260.-1.103, Waalbrug B, Route 5
Come by to learn about how the Radboud Genomics Technology Center can serve all your sequencing needs. Today we showcase how to elevate your research discoveries with Twist's cutting-edge NGS solutions and PacBio's highly accurate long read technology.
We perform prenatal as postnatal genetic diagnostics. We offer diagnostics to a large number of hereditary and innate conditions.read more
Tel: ++31 (0)24 3617891
Attn. Janneke Weiss
Genome Technology Center (Route 848)
Radboud University Medical Center
Geert Grooteplein Zuid 30
6525 GA, Nijmegen
Instruments and equipment
- NovaSeq6000 (Illumina)
- NextSeq500 (Illumina)
- MiniSeq (Illumina)
- Sequel (Pacific Biosciences)
- Sequel IIe (Pacific Biocsciences)
- Saphyr (Bionano)
- ABI 3730XL analyzer (ThermoFisher)
Instruments and equipment
In our lab we have a variety of Instruments and equipment available.
- 3x - NovaSeq6000 (Illumina)
- 2x - NextSeq500 (Illumina)
- 1x - MiniSeq (Illumina)
- 2x - Sequel (Pacific Biosciences)
- 5x - Sequel IIe (Pacific Biosciences)
- 1x – Saphyr (Bionano)
- 2x – ABI 3730XL analyzer (ThermoFisher)
- Samplix Xdrop
- Fragment analyzer
- Blue Pippin
- Miroculus Miro Canvas
For up to date information about sequencing projects, practical questions or prices, please contact us via GTC@radboudumc.nl
Short Read – WGS
Long Read - WGS
With the Sequel IIe system (Pacific Biosciences) we are able to generate long sequencing reads for WGS applications.
For generating sequencing reads with an average length of 15-20kb with a minimum accuracy of 99.9%
- SNV, InDel and SV Detection
- De Novo assembly
We can offer the following services:
• Preparing whole genome libraries from gDNA and sequencing
• Sequencing only of finished SMRTbell libraries