This program aims to understand and translate insights in mechanisms of disease into robust and innovative biomarkers to support health and healthcare.
- Improve our understanding of pathophysiology in health and disease by detection of biomarkers driven by unmet clinical need.
- Develop and apply innovative technologies and multi-modal data integration, analysis and modelling methodologies to investigate the molecular basis of disease and identify personalized targets for intervention.
- Develop models that translate multi-modal risk scores at the populat ion/cohort level to the level of the individual.
- Translate novel findings into state-of-the-art fit for purpose pre-analytically sample handling and robust biomarker assays, including laboratory-based and point-of-care home tests.
- Validate and demonstrate the added value of these biomarkers in cohort stratification and disease management.
- Define ways for implementation of personalized biomarker innovations in an economically viable, analytically and societally responsible way.