Are you looking for a grant? We can help!
Information and advice how to find grants and funding for your research ideaEvery year it seems to be more difficult to find funding for research ideas. Due to the variety in types of grants and funding agencies, it is very hard to find one that fits your idea. The Grant Support Office offers to help scientific personnel and medical doctors with information and advice how to find grants and funding for your research idea. We also communicate major grant opportunities as early as possible to researchers (via Research infobox) and other clients.
Support during the preparation of grants
- We help you to set up a personal profile in Research Professional, a worldwide database of funding opportunities.
- Advice on specific funding calls
- Check if the call fits the topic of your idea/project
- Support in forming your consortium, especially if you need SME partners
- Support on and review of draft proposals
Coordination of complete internal support round of personal grantsVeni, Vidi, Vici, ERC StG, ERC CoG and ERC AdG
- Organizing mock panel interviews for other personal grants (in collaboration with the researcher)
- Support on submitting grants (specifically EU and NIH grants)
- Coordination of large and complex grant applications
In case of large of complex grant applications, together with the accountmanager grants & funding the amount and type of support will be descided.
Often many partners or several internal departments are involved, and we can assist in coordinating the grant writing proces.
Support after the funding is granted with amendments, financial problems and problems reporting
Research Professional Funding databaseAll employees of the Radboud University and the Radboudumc have access to the international funding database Research Professional. If you like, you can create a login and search for funding opportunities yourself. Of course, you can also turn to us for assistance. go to database
To help you take you first steps with Research Professional, this guide provides all of the information you need to get up and running.
When you access the site, you will be met by either:
- "Log in": if you already have an account, enter your username and password. This will appear when using a computer off-campus.
- "Campus Access": you will be taken directly to the homepage. When entering this way, you will be able to browse the site, but will be prompted to log in if attempting to save your work or access personalized information.
- "Register": you can create an account using the 'register' button shown on the login page (only available on-campus).
On the homepage, you will find several things:
- A selection of top news stories;
- "Our institution", showing some funding searches posted by the institutional administrator;
- "Expressions of interest", showing the funding opportunities Radboud University researches are interested in;
- If you log in using your account, you will find "Your profile", showing your saved searched and bookmarks.
To view the Funding section, click on the funding button on the top tool bar. There are two ways to search for funding in the database:
- Simple Search: single box, type in your key words freely.
- Advanced Search: allows you to search using a combination of all criteria to build complex searches and finetune your search results. Choose and add the criteria by clicking on the buttons shown below.
Using the toolbar below, you can reorder your results and change how many results you see per page
Your results contain a summary including closing date, award title, funder and max award amount (if available). To view further information, you can click on the award title. You will find a full description including the funder's contact details and links to the funder's website. Use the back button in your browser to return to your search results.
Saving a searchAbove the search box, you will see the save button. Click on this to save tour search criteria. To e-mail the search criteria or to add it to your calendar, click on 'actions' and select accordingly.
Bookmarking a funding opportunityAbove the search results, you will see the bookmark button. Click on this to save individual funding opportunities. To download, e-mail, or add individual funding opportunities to your calendar, click on actions and select accordingly.
Once you have saved your results, you can view them on your profile page.
Click on your name in the top fight hand corner or the page, here you will be able to:
- "Edit profile": change your username/password, add a personal email address and update any contact details;
- "Email alerts": you can edit the searches contributing to your weekly email alerts;
- "Articles: saved searches and bookmarks": view and edit your saved searches and bookmarks;
- "Funding: saved searches and bookmarks": view and edit your saved searches and mookmarks.
To create an email, click on the save button above the opportunities search. A pop-up window will open. Enter a name for your search, then click "save and alert". This will save the search to your account, and also set that search up to contribute to your weekly alert as you like. By default, the results of all of your opportunities alerts will be sent to you in a single email.