About the committees Biomedical SciencesOn this page you'll find information on the different committees involved with the Bachelor's and Master's program of the study Biomedical Sciences.
Education committee Biomedical Sciences (BMW)It is regulated by law that every study program in Higher Education has to have an Education Committee (law on higher education and scientific research, WHW). It is also stated in law that this committee must safeguard the quality of education.
AdviceThe Education Committee can - solicited and unsolicited - advise the dean and the program director. These advises can apply to revision of the curriculum, the educational feasibility of it, the study and student guidance, the student workload and education evaluation outcomes. Furthermore, the committee presents recommendations about the education and exam regulation, and assesses the performance of the education and exam regulation.
Current issuesCurrent issues the committee addressed last year are among others:
- Teaching and Examination Regulations (OER)
- quarterly and line assessments
- Wet Versterking Bestuurskracht (a law enhancing executive power)
- Decentralized selection
IdeasIdeas about the improvement of the Biomedical Sciences program may be sent to the official secretary, David Drijkoningen.
CompositionThe committee consists of six students and six professors, including the chairman. The committee is supported by an official secretary, Dr. David Drijkoningen.
Student membersMr. Mark Bossink
Mr. Jeroen van Doorn
Mrs. Yasmin Leenderts
Mrs. Veronique Peerbooms
Mr. Christiaan Stuut
Mrs. Iris Verhoeff
Teacher membersDr. Thijs Eijsvogels (interim-chairman)
Dr. Eddy Adang
Dr. Rick Greupink
Dr. Bas Schouwenberg
Dr. Dirk Schubert
Dr. Peep Stalmeier
Educational Management Team 1 bachelor Biomedical Sciences (BMW)
The Educational Management Team 1 or OMT (Onderwijsmanagement Team) 1 is responsible for the study programs of Medicine (Geneeskunde) and Biomedical Sciences (Biomedische Wetenschappen).read more
Educational Management Team 1 bachelor Biomedical Sciences (BMW)
Tasks of the OMT
- Preparing the education and examination regulations for the Medicine and Biomedical Sciences programs.
- Defining the quality requirements for each study program.
- Establishing the study programs for each academic year.
- Supervising the modifications regarding the content of education, for separate periods as well as for the curriculum as a whole.
- Submitting a proposal to the Board of Directors for the appointment of individual curriculum coordinators per curriculum.
- Establishing the year schedules for education and examination.
- Submitting an annual education budget.
- Evaluating the faculty education, both on the (aggregation) level of the curriculum as a whole as on the level of annual study programs and separate curricula.
- Safeguarding the professional and didactic quality of educational practice.
- Coordinating and operationally managing the daily educational practice, the educational support and the management of required educational infrastructure.
- Engaging in consultation with the education committees and the examination boards of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences about education and examination.
- Advising the Director of the educational institute and the Dean regarding education.
|Prof.dr. FGM Russel||Voorzitter|
|Mw. Dr. MHJ van de Pol||Vice-voorzitter|
|Mw. drs. BM Cools||Docentlid|
|Prof. dr. WJHJ Meijerink||Docentlid|
|Mw. dr. EJM Tanck||Docentlid|
|Dr. J.G.M. Kooloos||Docentlid|
|Dhr. H. Tabak||PAR|
|Mw. A. Bloemers||Studentlid GNK|
|Mw. M. Jacobs||Studentlid GNK|
|Mw. M ten Westenend||Studentlid BMW|
|Dr. A Scharstuhl||Secretaris|
|Mw. RS Kanis||Secretariaat|
|Mw. J. Oudenampsen||Assessor|
Educational Management Team 3 master Biomedical Sciences
The OMT3 is responsible for the execution of all education activities in the Master's degree programme in Biomedical Sciences.read more
Educational Management Team 3 master Biomedical SciencesThe OMT3 is responsible for the execution of all education activities in the Master's degree programme in Biomedical Sciences.
|Dr.ir. RPB Reuzel||Voorzitter|
|Dr. HHLM Goossens||Docentlid|
|Dr. PHGM Willems||Docentlid|
|JLM van Doorn||Studentlid|
|Mw. dr. K Timmermans||Secretaris|
Examination Board Biomedical Sciences (BMW)
Activities in the context of quality assurance of examinationThe Examination Board Biomedical Sciences (BMW) is responsible for safeguarding the study program’s quality, in particular where individual graduation projects are concerned. Furthermore, the board is entrusted with the decision-making process regarding the admission to the Master’s program of students who have a foreign or non-standard educational background, and with the decision-making on the granting of diploma’s (propaedeutic exam, Bachelor’s and Master’s). The Examination Board mediates and decides when the Education and Examination regulation – and individual requests to diverge from it – are concerned. And lastly, the Examination Board acts and decides in matters of fraud and plagiarism.
Instruments to carry out these tasks
- Assessment of individual examination results in relation to the requirements laid down in EER (OER), and decision-making regarding the granting of diplomas.
- Assessment of individual graduation plans – in particular the internships, individual courses and curricula that are not included in the regular range of the BMS program. With respect to the smaller internships, the examination board has conferred the task to the study leaders.
- Assessment of individual requests regarding exemption, exceptional resists and other individual requests concerning exams.
- Assessment of individual requests for admission to the master program Biomedical Sciences from students with a foreign or non-standard educational background.
- Assessment of the quality of curricular exams and examination in the propaedeutic, Bachelor’s and Master’s phase as a whole.
- Establishing the EER (OER) and adjustments to it, and submit it for approval to the Executive Board.
Binding Study Advice (BSA)Since the 2011-2012 academic year, propaedeutic students BMS (BMW) receive a binding study advice. The committee BSW coincides with the examination board, but the post of chairman is filled by one of the members of the Examination Board with special attention to the propaedeutic exam.
Examination serviceAt the beginning of the academic year 2011-2012, an Examination service was introduced within IWOO (the online environment). The Examination service is accountable to the Examination Board. The service offers teachers educational support when it comes to examination, and strives for a quality boost prior to conducting the tests.
Designation of examinersWhen the Program Director designates the curriculum coordinators, attention is drawn to their role as examiner explicitly. The Examination Board is not directly involved with the designation of examiners – the board delegated this task to the Education Management Team (OMT). The final responsibility lies with the members of the Examination Board though, who have a right to revoke the appointment.
MembersMrs. dr. C.E.E.M. van der Zee (chairman)
Mr. F.W.M. de Vries (official secretary)
Dr. P. van der Kraan (vice-president)
Dr. E. Adang
Prof. dr. R. Brock
Dr. J.B. Koenderink
Dr. ir. P.T.J. Scheepers
Mrs. dr. E.J.M. Tanck
Mrs. dr. Ir. F. de Vegt
Drs. H. Swinkels (adviser)