Facilitating excellent students and involving research in education are key elements in the policy of the Radboud university medical center. The Executive Board (RvB) of the Radboudumc has allocated money to give top students the opportunity to perform research as a PhD candidate on a self-written project.
Recently 4 Master-PhD grants were awarded to:
- Mariya Chernyavska (BMS): Adenovirus-mediated local IgA production: a novel approach for cancer immunotherapy. Supervisor: Roland Brock, theme Nanomedicine.
- Eline van Houtum (MMD): Towards improvement of cancer therapy by targeting the sialic acid-Siglec axis. Supervisor: Gosse Adema, theme Cancer development and immune defense.
- Julie Verhoef (MMD): Shedding a super-resolution light on mitochondrial fission during schizogony in human malaria parasites. Supervisor: Taco Kooij, theme Infectious diseases and global health.
- Wouter van Wegen (MMD): Flow sensing and electrolyte reabsorption in ciliary dysfunction. Supervisor Joost Hoenderop, theme Renal disorders.
Former Master-PhD winners: link.
MSc students who have ambitions to perform their research as a PhD candidate can submit research pre-proposals. For that they need:
- A research idea
- A supervisor (a Radboudumc (junior) Principal Investigator who is intending to be the (co)promotor) of the PhD candidate.
- A curriculum vitae that shows that the MSc student is an excellent candidate for the project.
Related news items
Research Integrity Round 16 September 2020 Sex and gender and research integrity: a tale of how and who9 July 2020
Topic of this webinar is sex and gender in (bio)medical research. Speakers are dean Prof. Jan Smit, Prof. Sabine Oertelt–Prigione and Prof. Hanneke Takkenberg (ErasmusMC). All junior and senior researchers are invited to join the discussion. Please register via the website.read more
Finally, an explanation for hearing loss in twelve Dutch families9 July 2020
The culprit is a genetic abnormality, a discovery that immediately makes it one of the most common causes of hereditary hearing loss in the Netherlands.read more
Rebecca Halbach receives idea generator grant to fight mosquito transmitted viruses8 July 2020
Rebecca Halbach and Pascal Miesen have investigated in a collaborative project whether the treatment of mosquitoes with antiviral drugs can prevent the transmission of mosquito-transmitted viral diseases.read more
Invasive fungal infections in influenza and COVID-198 July 2020
The Aspergillus fungus is found in the lungs of many COVID patients. A parallel occurs with influenza patients, who often develop a serious fungal infection. Although such a serious fungal infection seems to occur less frequently in COVID-patients, alertness remains necessary,read more
Werner Koopman 25 years at Radboudumc celebrating online8 July 2020
Werner Koopman completed his 25 years at Radboudumc. Biochemistry sent him a cake at home and celebrated this special moment during COVID-19 in a unique way.read more