Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Postdoctoral Fellowships Boost your career
Are you a postdoc or almost graduated PhD candidate looking to give your career a boost? Then an individual fellowship abroad might be of interest to you. Radboudumc opens an Expression of Interest (Eol) to identify candidates who match the profile to become a top researcher at one of the most ambitious university medical centers in the Netherlands. The EoI can be found below, under the section "Preparation".read more
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Postdoctoral Fellowships Boost your career
Are you a postdoc or almost graduated PhD candidate looking to give your academic career a boost? Then an postdoctoral fellowship abroad might be of interest to you. The Marie Skłodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowships (MSCA-PF) belongs to one of the largest research and innovation programs in Europe, Horizon Europe, and aims to promote high-quality research across borders, offering an excellent learning experience, a vibrant environment of postdocs, and the opportunity to expand your (international) network. Important ingredients to take your career a step further and to continue it at a top institute in Europe or beyond.
Radboud university medical center (Radboudumc) opens an Expression of Interest (Eol) to identify candidates who match the profile to become a top researcher at one of the most ambitious university medical centers in the Netherlands. Potential fellows who have identified a potential supervisor can submit an EoI helping them with a next step in their career.
Radboudumc offers selected candidates with the Steppin‘ Up program the support they need to write a successful proposal and guides them through the process of submitting it. Interested? Then sign up!
The MSCA-PF support program refers mailny to postdoctoral researchers that wish to come to Radboud university medical center. However, we are happy to support also outgoing candidates (i.e., researchers who are currently at Radboudumc and interested in an MSCA abroad) in case they need help & especially if their future hosting institute does not provide a similar service.
The eligibity criteria for joining the MSCA-PF support program are the same for incoming and outgoing fellows.
Interested? Then fill out the application form for outgoing candidates on this website.
What is a MSCA?
Obtaining a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowships (MSCA-PF) is a great opportunity if you are a postdoc or PhD candidate in your final phase and want to boost your career by working abroad. The MSCA-PF is a two or three-year postdoc fellowship program in which you will develop the skills and competencies necessary to start an independent research career. All this in a vibrant environment that is new to you, where you not only gain knowledge and experience but also expand your international network.
Who can apply?
We are looking for ambitious, excellent researchers who want to become part of our vibrant community and take research and their career to the next level. You must have a PhD degree or at least four years of full-time research experience at the time of application. Potential fellows who have identified a potential supervisor can submit an EoI helping them with a next step in their career.
Eligibility criteria are expected to be defined as follows: “Supported fellows must be postdoctoral researchers at the date of the call deadline, i.e. in a possession of a doctoral degree, defined as a successfully defended doctoral thesis, even if the doctoral degree has yet to be awarded.
Recruited researchers must comply with the following mobility rule: they must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the beneficiary (for European Postdoctoral Fellowships), or the host organisation for the outgoing phase (for Global Postdoctoral Fellowships) for more than 12 months in the 36 months immediately before the call deadline.” For final eligibility criteria, please check these as soon as the call will be opened on the website of the European Commission, 12 April 2023.
For researchers wishing to reintegrate from a third country, there must be a direct mobility to an EU Member State or Horizon Europe Associated Country within the last 12 months before the call deadline.
Please note: Via this website you are submitting an Expression of Interest to apply for consideration of support for a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship and an intense support program to improve your grant application. This is not a job application.
- First, contact between potential supervisor and fellow has to be established and a suitable scientific topic identified and agreed upon to be addressed in the MSCA-PF proposal.
- Then after the EoI has been submitted before the deadline of 16 April 2023, the fellow will be participating in 2 workshops (8 May and 5 June); please note that the dates might subject to changes due to changes in the deadline provided by the European Commission, so please check regularly this website for relevant updates) where attention will be given to all aspects of writing the proposal, covering (scientific) excellence, impact and quality and efficiency of the application.
- Core (related to the project) and additional (advancing your competencies in the applicable research area) research skills as well as transferable and complementary skills will be addressed.
- A first draft proposal, to be submitted by fellow and supervisor before 12 July 2023, will be reviewed by Grant Support Office and feedback will be provided.
- A final draft will be submitted to the Dutch MSCA national contact point for additional and final review and feedback. It will be greatly encouraged to exchange ideas, questions, tips, between fellows for inspiration and stimulation!
You are submitting an Expression of Interest to apply for consideration of support for a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowships and an intense writing Masterclass to improve your grant application. This is not a job application.
An MSCA-PF at Radboudumc
What are the benefits of an MSCA-PF at Radboud university medical center?
- We are a top research institute positioned in the Netherlands, surrounded by beautiful nature and close to Germany
- Ranked 7th of all European participants in Horizon 2020’s Societal Challenge ‘Health, demographic change and well-being’
- We collaborate on the same campus with Radboud University, the best broad-spectrum University of the Netherlands, in several multidisciplinary initiatives including social and natural sciences.
- We offer state of the art research facilities and have a high-end infrastructure in our Radboudumc Technology Centers
- At the Radboudumc, we offer a vibrant and collaborative research and training environment with more than 3000 researchers from more than 30 different countries and a multitude of disciplines leading to the development and implementation of health and healthcare innovations based on research
- We offer the specially developed Steppin' Up program, a support program in which you will receive intensive and personalized guidance in the process of submitting a competitive proposal
- Radboudumc Grant Support Office offers support beyond the MSCA-PF
- At the Radboudumc we can offer our best postdocs, on one hand, tenure-track positions to obtain an independent research group leader position and on the other hand, staff scientist positions, who have a more internally oriented, methodologically supportive role in our research organization.
- Radboudumc has an active postdoc community (Radboudumc Postdoc Initiative) regularly organizing relevant activities, and the Postdoc office facilitates and supports the personal development of all postdocs