Stem cells Expertise and services
Our technology center assists investigators in performing innovative research, ranging from molecules to man. It connects a broad range of research groups that have expertise in different stem cell fields with a focus on human induced Pluripotent Stem Cell (iPSC) technology.read more
Stem cells Expertise and servicesThe Radboudumc Stem Cell Technology Center assists investigators in performing innovative research, ranging from molecules to man. It connects a broad range of research groups that have expertise in different stem cell fields with a focus on human induced Pluripotent Stem Cell (iPSC) technology. This provides a state-of-the-art service to reprogram different cell types into iPSCs that enable the development of an unlimited source of any type of human cell needed for study or therapeutic purposes.
- To generate experimentally validated human iPSCs: reprogrammed iPSCs are analysed for their stemness by quantitative reverse transcription and immunocytochemistry, and the characterisation can be extended to genomic integrity and differentiation capacities into the three germ layers.
- iPSC culture training and consultancy
- Consultancy of iPSC differentiation methods
- Consultancy on other stem cell cultures: human haematopoietic stem cells, human epidermal stem cells, human organoids, mouse embryonic stem cells (serum and 2i conditions)
- Joint expertise in different research fields: cell biology, genomics and epigenomics.
- Research projects based on collaboration
Areas of expertise
- Different stem cell fields with a focus on human iPSC technology
- Tissue regeneration
Reprogrammed cell lines
- Peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs)
- EBV-immortalised lymphocytes
- Skin fibroblasts
- Urine-derived renal tubular cells
- Sendai virus
Table 1. Overview of reprogramming options
- Immunofluorescence → Oct4, Nanog, SSEA4, Tra-1-81
- qPCR → Oct4, Dnmt3, Lin28, Sox2
- CNV analysis
- Trilineage differentiation
Culture and expansion of freshly-reprogrammed cells or purchased cells.
- living cells in culture or frozen vials
- cell pellets
- RNA or cDNA samples
The Stem Cell Technology and differentiation Center collaborates with many experts to offer a differentiation service into several cell types.
We are actively developing protocols for differentiation of iPSCs and hESCs into:
- Retinal cells:
- retina pigmented epithelium (RPE)
- photoreceptor progenitor cells (PPCs)
- retinal organoids
- Neural cells
- Testicular cells
- testicular organoids
- Epithelial cells
- Bioprinting: pluripotent or partly differentiated cells can be printed into determinate structures with a very big choice of biological scaffolds (Bioinks)
- Retinal cells:
Cas9 or 12-mediated repair of mutations in iPSC or fibroblast lines.
The service includes design and testing of at least two sgRNAs, repair of the genomic mutation using Cas9 or 12/sgRNA ribonucleoproteins (RNPs), and pluripotency analysis of at least one selected isogenic subclone per disease.
Off-target analysis is not included in this service.