Stem cells Expertise and services
Our technology center assists investigators in performing innovative research, ranging from molecules to man. It connects a broad range of research groups that have expertise in different stem cell fields with a focus on human induced Pluripotent Stem Cell (iPSC) technology.read more
Reprogrammed cell lines
- Peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs)
- EBV-immortalised lymphocytes
- Skin fibroblasts
- Urine-derived renal tubular cells
- Sendai virus
Table 1. Overview of reprogramming options
- Immunofluorescence → Oct4, Nanog, SSEA4, Tra-1-81
- qPCR → Oct4, Dnmt3, Lin28, Sox2
- CNV analysis
- Trilineage differentiation
Culture and expansion of freshly-reprogrammed cells or purchased cells.
- living cells in culture or frozen vials
- cell pellets
- RNA or cDNA samples
The Stem Cell Technology and differentiation Center collaborates with many experts to offer a differentiation service into several cell types.
We are actively developing protocols for differentiation of iPSCs and hESCs into:
- Retinal cells:
- retina pigmented epithelium (RPE)
- photoreceptor progenitor cells (PPCs)
- retinal organoids
- Neural cells
- Testicular cells
- testicular organoids
- Epithelial cells
- Bioprinting: pluripotent or partly differentiated cells can be printed into determinate structures with a very big choice of biological scaffolds (Bioinks)
- Retinal cells:
Cas9 or 12-mediated repair of mutations in iPSC or fibroblast lines.
The service includes design and testing of at least two sgRNAs, repair of the genomic mutation using Cas9 or 12/sgRNA ribonucleoproteins (RNPs), and pluripotency analysis of at least one selected isogenic subclone per disease.
Off-target analysis is not included in this service.
Application of stem cell technologyiPSCs can be used to study disease mechanisms. For example, patient-derived iPSCs can be differentiated into cells, tissues and organs that are normally not available from patients, to identify genetic (e.g. at the mRNA level) and cellular defects in patients. They also provide a platform for developing therapeutic approaches, such as drug screening, gene correction and cell-based strategies, for an individual or a large number of patients.
- Stem Cell Applications
- Fundamental studies of development
- Genetic studies of diseases
- Disease modelling
- Drug screening
- Regenerative medicine