Stress-related disorders About theme
Stress-related disorders such as depression, addiction, anxiety and post traumatic stress disorders have an impact on mental and physical health worldwide. Our aim is to decrease the burden of these disorders by improving our understanding of their development, characteristics and consequences.read more
Stress-related disorders About themeStress-related disorders such as depression, addiction, anxiety and post traumatic stress disorders have a great impact on mental and physical health of all ages groups worldwide. As closely collaborating interdisciplinary researchers, we aim to decrease the burden of these highly prevalent disorders by improving our understanding of their etiopathogenesis, characteristics and consequences. Our goal is to contribute to new strategies in personalized healthcare by developing biomarkers, determining individual sensitivity, and developing individualized treatments that optimally combine pharmacological, psychotherapeutic and neuromodulatory approaches.
With the research of our theme we focus on the following main topics:
- the influence of stress on cognition, motivation and other behavioural domains, both in animals and humans.
- the neuroscientific basis of stress, both in animals and humans.
- gene-by-environment interactions to determine vulnerability and resilience factors in adaptive and maladaptive stress coping and stress-related disorders, both in animals and humans.
- the pathogenesis of stress-related mental disorders such as. depression, addiction, anxiety and post traumatic stress disorders
- the physical and somatic consequences and co-morbidities of stress-related mental disorders.
- the prevention and treatment of these stress-related mental disorders.
News & agendas
Information might be only available in Dutch.