Before coming

Long-stay employees (ie. who are planning to work for Radboudumc for longer than 90 days.)
in your home country
Applying for permits
Travelling to Nijmegen
Finding accomodation

Upon arrival

in Nijmegen
Meeting Radboudumc
Registering at the municipality
Financial matters
Contract renewed
Contract expires

Registering at the municipality


When you have found a place to live, you need to register at the Municipality Administration, in the municipality where you live. The International Office will make an appointment for employees from non-EU countries at city hall (i.e. Burgerzaken).

read more


You will need:
  • a copy of your passport
  • a legalized birth certificate (no older than six months)
  • a copy of your residence permit (for non-EU nationals)
  • a copy of your rental contract
  • a marriage certificate or registered partnership certificate if applicable

Citizen Service Number

When you register for the Municipality Administration, you will also receive a Citizen Service Number (Burgerservicenummer, BSN). This is a unique, personal number. This number is, amongst others, necessary to be able to open a bank account.

Expat desk Municipality of Nijmegen

The Municipality of Nijmegen has an Expat desk where (future) expatriates in Nijmegen can ask questions about getting settled, working and living in Nijmegen. go to Expat desk