Tumors of the digestive tract About themeIn this research theme, we aim to improve prognosis and treatment of patients with tumors of the digestive tract, with a focus on sporadic and hereditary forms of colorectal and pancreatic cancer. We aim to achieve better prevention of cancer in high-risk patients and develop and implement new diagnostic tools for staging and therapy response. In addition, we are working to create treatment innovations, ranging from improved surgical techniques to immunotherapy. Research into the etiology, epidemiology and genetics of these tumors will lead to improved primary, secondary and tertiary prevention.
- We will identify new genes responsible for hereditary colorectal cancer syndromes.
- We will develop strategies for improving detection of hereditary forms of pancreatic cancer.
- We aim to prevent cancer in high-risk patients using vaccination and lifestyle interventions.
- We will develop new molecular diagnostic tools to predict tumor response to therapy.
- We will identify relevant biomarkers for the development of metastatic disease and implement these factors in daily practice.
- We will develop surgical techniques to optimize patient care.
News and agenda
Centers of clinical expertise
Information might be only available in Dutch.