The Department of Primary and Community Care
The Department of Primary and Community CareThe mission of our department is ‘to have a significant impact on health - personalized healthcare in context’ and consists of three units: Training, Education and Research. As department we actively participate in research, undergraduate and graduate programs. Head of our department is professor Pim Assendelft.
The department’s research is organized in the following eight research themes:
Chronic respiratory diseases
Cardio metabolic diseases
Neurological and neurodegenerative diseases
Oncology and palliative care
Person-centered care (gender, vulnerable groups, communication)
Integrated neighborhood-oriented work
All research themes feature sub-research themes.
The department offers undergraduate and graduate training in the following disciplines:
General Practice/Family medicine
Public health/Occupational medicine
Intellectual disabilities medicine
About internationalizationThe Department of Primary and Community Care is committed to internationalization: we maintain close relationships and high standards of our relationships with other international universities, courses and trainers in the fields of both education and research. We also have close working relationships with various organizations on our university campus dealing with internationalization. For more information please contact Mr. Guus Busser, MD, coordinator international contacts via email at email@example.com
Verb1nd Het tijdschrift voor onze partners!
Verb1ndAls afdeling Eerstelijnsgeneeskunde zijn we graag in contact met onze partners in de eerste en tweede lijn. Om die reden publiceren wij tweemaal per jaar het papieren tijdschrift Verb1nd. In onze digitale wereld biedt Verb1nd op papier een overzicht van actuele ontwikkelingen op het gebied van onderwijs, onderzoek, opleidingen en innovatie. Verb1nd biedt context en achtergrond om op het gemak door te nemen en door te geven. Ook benieuwd naar Verb1nd? Het eerste nummer verscheen in juli 2018. Verb1nd is een gratis magazine, opgeven kan online. Daar is ook een PDF te vinden van de meest recente editie.
Radboudumc NieuwsNaast Verb1nd publiceert het Radboudumc samen met onze afdeling een digitale nieuwsbrief met 'need to know' nieuws voor verwijzers. Deze nieuwsbrief, Radboudumc Nieuws, verschijnt met regelmaat. Opgeven voor Radboud Nieuws kan online.
Radboudumc Transmural Knowledge and Innovation Center
The Radboudumc Transmural Knowledge and Innovation Center provides an accessible, complete knowledge and logistic infrastructure supporting transmural innovation and research. As such, we are your perfect partner in projects between hospital (care) and regional primary care.Read more
Radboudumc Transmural Knowledge and Innovation Center
Patients are increasingly treated in different settings by different healthcare providers at the same time, or consecutively. However, many ailments (including important chronic diseases) are treated almost exclusively in primary care (for instance Type 2 Diabetes, COPD). This means that researchers and health policy makers are increasingly interested in morbidity data from general practice. Because of our extensive quality control and contacts with General Practitioners who register data, we are able to create high quality specific data ready to be used in any project. The Technology Center Health Data is part of the Radboudumc Transmural Knowledge and Innovation Center, which provides a wider knowledge and logistical infrastructure, supporting innovation and research bridging the hospital and healthcare outside the hospital walls, including advice on intervention studies.
Expertise and services
What do we offer?Our Technology Center employs the infrastructure of the Department of Primary and Community Care and, in the near future, other departments of the Radboud University medical center who also have experience working with routine primary care morbidity data.
- We help you in extracting, storing, linking, analyzing and interpreting data from general practices in the region derived from various general practice information systems. Our FaMe-net database contains data on more than 30.000 patients over a period of over 20 years. These basic primary care data can be used for power calculations, ‘big data’ analyses and linking the data with other sources - including hospital information systems as well as chapters of PhD-theses on a wide variation of diseases and health complaints (also to be used by PhD’s in specialist care topics) and separate student projects.
- We have extensive and specific experience concerning the practicalities of conducting observational research in primary care and public health routine data; for instance on privacy issues, how to extract routine data from electronic patients records of general practitioners and how to collect additional patient-related data outside the hospital.
- Our technical and primary care content experts are very experienced in the use and interpretation of GP-data for specific projects.
- Research theme Healthcare Improvement Science
- Other Radboudumc Technology Centers’s including Clinical Studies, Data Stewardship, Health Economics, Biostatics, and Biobank
- Departments of the Radboud university medical center, including Primary and Community Care, IQ Healthcare, Health Evidence, Geriatrics and Anaesthesiology (Palliative Care)
Phone +31 24 366 50 63
Read more about our Technology Center Health Data